Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Connecting to a Windows Share in Fedora 13


Since my company is very much in the 32bit Windows XP era and as a development engineer we are running many different pieces of software on all sorts of platforms. I hit a wall once I started using Fedora 13 as a host for some embedded Linux development we are undertaking. The first thing I wanted to do, is to access all my files on the company' Windows network. So this is how you do it.

Open System>Firewall and set 'Samba Client' as a trusted service. Then either open Places>Network to browse in a similar way as using Windows 'My Network Places' or run 'Connect to Server...' and choose service type as 'Windows Share' and fill in the blanks.

You should now be able to browse the Windows shared folders.

No comments:

Post a Comment